Due to changes in data protection law, we are now required to have this section on the website. It's a really gripping read :-D.
In this article, 'we' refers to Playing Aloud...
We totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information we really need from you. We will look after your information in the same way we would want ours looking after, keeping it secure! We will only share your information with others when we need them to help us deliver our service to you (such as an external sound engineer or one of our trusted repairs partners, etc.). Be assured that we will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will we sell it on! Here are more details -
1. The Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
We may ask you to provide us with the following data –
We collect this data on the following lawful basis: consent/to arrange or fulfil a booking.
2. Which third parties do we share Personal Data with?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
123-Reg email, our accountant, Paypal, Barclays, iZettle, trusted local business (i.e. If you have asked us to get a repair done on an amp or an instrument)
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do we share your Personal Data with the above?
We share your data in order to to deliver our service to you.
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary eg if a third party we utilise could have servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will either obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU's guidelines. You can see above which third parties we use and therefore if we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We keep your data secure by using password-protected accounts and keeping information stored under lock and key - in an alarmed building - out of hours, and by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online. Any phone numbers we hold are kept on a pass-coded mobile phone.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were to be involved in the breach, we would also inform you.
6. You have the following rights -
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data via website contact form, email, telephone or by writing to us. All this information can be found on this website.
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. We may keep some of your personal data for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for Tax legislation purposes.